A "Parents Group" has been created because the school believes that the education of all students is greatly enhanced by a strong partnership between parents, the students, and staff of the school.
To this end the purpose is:
- To have a communication network between the parent, child and teacher. We aim to strengthen this group, promote and develop the role of parents within the school at their own level of comfort.
- To advise parents of current administration procedures (eg. Decision making, Communication, Grievance etc).
- To make parents feel welcome in our school community and to foster an open and friendly atmosphere.
- To offer various means of communication to enhance a positive parent, teacher and child relationship.
- To provide opportunities for parents to develop their expertise, skills, knowledge and experience for the benefit of students and the operation of the school.
- Parent/Teacher workshops – Educational activities held twice each term for parents and other visitors lead by a guest speaker or staff member.
- First Aid Room Laundry – Roster is organised for the year with each class rostered monthly to take the linen for washing each Friday.
- Sausage Sizzles – Are arranged for all students and staff members on the last Tuesday of each term.
- Second hand Uniform Sales – Held on last Friday of the month in Thiele Space.
Other Areas of Parent Support
- Lucky Book Club – 2 parents coordinate the ordering and distribution of book sales twice each term.
- Commonwealth Bank Collection –2 parents coordinate the weekly collection & banking of student bank deposits.
Committee Committee Positions: (7 members in all)
- Assistant Chairperson
- Minute Taker
- At least one Liaison Parent
- School Council Representative
- Staff Involvement – The principal or one delegated staff member attends all meetings
- Budget – This group will manage the Thiele Parent Group Budget for which they will make an annual submission to Thiele Finance committee.